Cut and Color

With the floor up, doors down, and walls primed,bi was ready to begin putting everything back together. The steps are concrete because they were originally outside. They did have a wooden surround and tread added when they entryway was enclosed but the treads were beaten up and broken. I used some on the plywood from the old floor and cut it to fit the steps. 


Once it was screwed down, I busted out the killz again and sealed them up.


I was originally thinking that if carpet the steps to match the floor, but I was short a few square feet and couldn't get more. Instead, I used some of the vinyl floor tile that I'll use in the kitchen.


Next I started to put the cabinets back together. See that dark paneling? That's what used to be in the dining room when it was a living room. My grandfather loved it. I hate it. But I kept it inside the cabinet to remind me of him.

I cut new shelves to fit and covered then in white contact paper to keep them ready to clean.


The doors were painted to match the walls and the old black hinges were replaced. I changed the knobs to little monkey fists. They looked too "new" so I dyed then with tea.


They look right at home once they were installed.


Had to borrow the big ladder to paint the walls and ceiling. Ceiling and trim are ultra white like the rest of the house. Walls are "Irish Mist" from Behr. Lovely foggy grey.



 

Comments

Popular Posts